A NURSE'S PRAYER


O my God, 
teach me to receive the sick in Your Name. 
Give to my efforts success for the glory of Your holy Name. 
It is Your work: without You, I cannot succeed. 
Grant that the sick You have placed in my care 
may be abundantly blessed, 
and not one of them be lost because 
of any neglect on my part. 
Help me to overcome, every temporal weakness,
and strengthen in me 
whatever may enable me to bring joy to the lives of those I serve.
Give me grace, for the sake of Your sick ones 
and of those lives that will be influenced by them

Amen 

1 comment:

  1. Another Nurse's Prayer (Paulinian Nurse's Prayer)

    Dearest Lord, May I see you today and everyday in the person of the sick, and while nursing them, minister unto you. Though you hide yourself behind the irritable, exacting and the unreasonable, may I still recognize you and say, "Jesus, my patient,how sweet it is to serve you". Lord, Give me that seeing faith that my work will never become monotonous,and may I always find new joy in humoring the fancies of the poor sufferers.

    Dearest Lord, make me appreciate the dignity of my high vocation and its many responsibilities and never permit me to disgrace it by giving way to coldness, unkindness or impatience,
    and my God, Since you are Jesus, my patient, please be patient with my many faults and look only into my intention, which is to serve you in the person of each and everyone of the sick. Lord, increase my faith, bless my effort, and sanctify my works, now and forever, Amen.

    ReplyDelete